LAND ROVER SERVICE PLAN TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to the Service Plan purchased from Jaguar Land Rover Australia Pty Ltd of 65 Epping Road, North Ryde, NSW AUSTRALIA 2113 (JLRA) for your new vehicle (the Vehicle), as detailed on your Service Plan Registration Form.
Please ensure that you read these Terms carefully together with the Service Plan Registration Form, which is incorporated into these Terms by reference.
By purchasing the Service Plan you agree to be bound by these Terms.
1. Subject to these Terms, including but not limited to the Coverage Conditions and Servicing Conditions, in exchange for payment of the amount set out on the Service Plan Registration Form:
a. you are entitled to acquire from any Authorised Land Rover Dealer, within 5 years of the date of first registration of your vehicle or until the vehicle reaches its maximum kilometre allowance, Scheduled Services to be performed on the vehicle by Land Rover Approved Technicians at such Authorised Land Rover Dealer as per the schedule on the Service Plans Registration Form.
b. the cost of those Scheduled Services will be borne by JLRA.
2. Scheduled Services: The Scheduled Services to which you are entitled under the Service Plan cover the cost of parts, labour and fluids for the following service items: engine oil, brake fluid (in the third year of the Service Plan only), oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter. These items are covered for a period of 5 years from the date of first registration of your vehicle or until your vehicle reaches its kilometre allowance as detailed on the Service Plan Registration Form.
3. The Service Plan is available on the Land Rover models listed on the Service Plan Registration Form and other models as notified by JLRA from time to time.
4. The details of your Service Plan, including the cover period, kilometre allowance and payment terms, are set out in the Service Plan Registration Form.
5. The Service Plan covers vehicles built to the manufacturer’s original specification. If your Vehicle has been modified with any parts which are not manufacturer supplied or of matching quality, or any non-approved aftermarket tuning or performance enhancement that are associated to the items covered by the Service Plan, the manufacturer hereby reserves the right to decline any claim that may occur due to the fitment or failure of a modified part. Cosmetic modifications are acceptable providing they are to an identical size and specification as the manufacturer’s equivalent – you may need to advise your Vehicle insurer of these changes.
6. Cover under the Service Plan is only provided:
a. to individuals residing in (or corporate bodies registered in) Australia on the start date, as shown on the Service Plan Registration Form and
b. while the Vehicle is in Australia.
7. Items not stated in the Service Plan Handbook and any items requiring replacement or repair due to excessive wear and tear or misuse are not covered by the Service Plan.
8. The Service Plan will not cover the Vehicle while it is owned by a motor Dealer or Service Facility or by the proprietor(s) of a motor Dealership or Service Facility.
9. The Service Plan start date is the date of the vehicle’s first registration. The Service Plan cover will continue in force for 5 years or until the Vehicle reaches the maximum kilometre allowance. Please note that the first service may commence earlier than 12 months from the date of first registration of the Vehicle, in line with the kilometre allowance stated on your Service Plan Registration Form.
10. The Service Plan expiry date is the earlier of the date that is 5 years after the date of first registration of your vehicle, as shown on the Service Plan Registration Form, or the date on which the vehicle reaches the maximum kilometre allowance.
11. The Service Plan is attached to the Vehicle and therefore will transfer to any new owner(s) of the Vehicle. The Service Plan is not transferable to another vehicle.
12. It is a condition of the Service Plan that the Vehicle must be serviced and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines (and any specified conditions), as stated in the (Online Service History and Warranty Benefits booklet) Handbook. Failure by you to arrange for servicing to be undertaken in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines, and any specified conditions, will invalidate the Service Plan.
13. It is a condition of the Service Plan that all service work on the Vehicle that is to be carried out under the Service Plan is carried out at an Authorised Land Rover Dealer by Land Rover Approved Technicians, details of which can be found at www.landrover.com.au. Failure to do this will invalidate your Service Plan.
14. Please note vehicle operators are responsible for performing normal weekly/monthly maintenance checks on the vehicle as per owner’s handbook instructions (Maintenance Section) in respect of fluid level checks and tyre pressures etc.
15. Any claims and correspondence relating to the Service Plan must be forwarded to the Dealer directly. All services under the Service Plan are supplied by the relevant Authorised Dealer and not by JLRA. Any claims and correspondence relating to a Scheduled Service performed by an Authorised Land Rover Dealer must be directed to that Authorised Land Rover Dealer.
16. Any service claimed under the Service Plan must be for the Vehicle described on the Service Plan Registration Form.
17. Receipts from any service must be retained by the customer. The manufacturer is entitled to check the service record and customer receipts in the event of a claim under the Service Plan.
Cancellations and Refunds
18. You have the right to cancel this Service Plan within 14 (fourteen) days of the contract date shown on the Service Plan Registration Form and receive a full refund of the price you have paid for the Service Plan, provided that no service claim has been made during that period. If you wish to cancel within this period, please contact the Dealer from which you purchased your Vehicle and they will arrange for cancellation of your Service Plan. The Dealer will refund any payment due to you on the credit card or debit card you used to pay for the Service Plan as soon as possible and in any case within 30 (thirty) days of the date on which you notified them of your cancellation. Unless cancelled in accordance with these cancellation rights or you are entitled to a refund or other remedy under the Australian Consumer Law or other applicable law, no refund will be made.
19. Except as above in paragraph 18, payments for the Service Plan are non-refundable.
20. The customer details you provided at the point of registration for the Service Plan Registration form will be transferred to and stored by the issuing dealer and JLRA.
21. You are advised to keep your Service Plan Registration Form in the Vehicle, as you will be required to show it to the Dealer when arranging for the Vehicle to be serviced. If anything is unclear, or if you have any questions please contact the issuing Dealer.
22. No relaxation or indulgence we may extend to you will affect our rights under these Terms.
23. These Terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales and the parties irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with this Service Plan.
24. Nothing in these Terms will affect your rights as a consumer relating to goods that are faulty or not as described, including any rights you may have under the Australian Consumer Law to a refund, repair or replacement for a major failure, a repair or replacement if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure or compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.