LAND ROVER EXPERIENCESAND DUNE DRIVING
If you’re ready to take your Land Rover or Range Rover on a new adventure and head down to the beach, then come and join our highly experienced and fully qualified Land Rover Experience instructors for a day.
- Prepare your Land Rover or Range Rover for sand driving
- Identify different types of tyre design, why to vary tyre pressures and the impacts on vehicle drivability
- Identify common risks when sand driving
- Safely drive on sand dunes
- Choose the best approach to ascend and descend sand dunes
- Enter and exit the beach
- Determine the safest approach to performing a vehicle recovery
- Perform basic solo recovery techniques using traction aids
- Perform a vehicle recovery using a second vehicle and a snatch strap
- Choose appropriate recovery equipment for your planned off-roading adventures
From $495 depending on location (inc. GST) per vehicle with two attendees. This includes:
- Instruction and driving practice for up to two drivers by Land Rover instructors
- Lunch plus light refreshments on the dunes for morning and afternoon tea
- A quality EZ tyre deflator and gauge valued at $75
- A discount on pre, or post, event accommodation at the partnering hotel at each location
When: 3rd February 2019, 23rd February 2019, 4th May 2019, 24th August 2019, 17th November 2019
Address: Carpark @ Monarch Museum, Nelson Bay Rd. Williamtown
From Sydney, travel north towards Taree along the Newcastle Freeway. Please allow 2hrs travel.
When: 20th January 2019, 17th March 2019
Address: Lancelin Beach Hotel.1 North Street, Lancelin, WA 6044
Lancelin is located approximately 130km north of Perth by shortest route – allow minimum of one and a half hours from Perth CBD
When: 16th February 2019, 16th March 2019, 20th July 2019, 7th September 2019
Address: Ferry Terminal, 14 Howard Smith Drive, Port of Brisbane, QLD 4178
At the Micat Ferry terminal one hour before Ferry departure to ensure everyone is there on time and can load onto ferry as a team.
PEAKE HILLSSOUTH AUSTRALIA
When: 26th April 2019, 10th June 2019, 8th November 2019
Address: Meeting spot is the Shell Service station in Tailem Bend at the Coollabah Tree Cafe, 69 Princes Hwy, Tailem Bend SA 5260
Please note that a session is fully booked if the date is highlighted in red or not visible.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS -
Do I need to modify my car/change wheels/tyres?
No modifications needed, stock standard tyres and car is fine.
Do I need recovery equipment?
No LRE provide all equipment necessary for the day.
Do I need a CB radio?
No, LRE will provide each vehicle with a radio for communications.
Can I bring extra family & Friends?
Yes most welcome - numbers are limited by the number of seats/seat belts in your vehicle. Extra costs for catering for more than two people will apply.
Can I bring my dog?
No, as many of our tours traverse National Parks and pets not allowed.
What catering is provided?
Many tours are bushland based so it will be picnic lunches and cold drinks. Most dietary requirements are catered for with prior notice. Bring your own snacks.
Do I need off road experience?
No, LRE instructors will give you all the guidance you need to have a safe drive day.
What should I wear?
Comfortable clothes, closed in shoes. Bring hat, sunscreen, raincoat and warm jacket to be prepared for all weather types and changes.
Can I join half way through the day or leave early?
No, as we quite often head off the main roads and have no mobile phone coverage it would be very difficult to find us. If you left early we may not be near main road access and you would need guiding back to accessible roads.