If you’re ready to take your Land Rover or Range Rover on a new adventure and head down to the beach, then come and join our highly experienced and fully qualified Land Rover Experience instructors for a day.
During the day, you will learn how to:
- Prepare your Land Rover or Range Rover for sand driving
- Identify different types of tyre design, why to vary tyre pressures and the impacts on vehicle drivability
- Identify common risks when sand driving
- Safely drive on sand dunes
- Choose the best approach to ascend and descend sand dunes
- Enter and exit the beach
- Determine the safest approach to performing a vehicle recovery
- Perform basic solo recovery techniques using traction aids
- Perform a vehicle recovery using a second vehicle and a snatch strap
- Choose appropriate recovery equipment for your planned off-roading adventures
Throughout the day, you will have the opportunity to drive in convoy on soft tracks, drive on hard and soft sand on a beach, and drive up and down those big soft sand dunes.The course is open to all Land Rovers and Range Rovers. However, Range Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport vehicles fitted with large diameter rims and low-profile tyres may not be able to complete all the challenges depending on conditions.No recovery equipment is required. Meals and drinks are provided – just bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses and sun-safe clothing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS -
Do I need to modify my car/change wheels/tyres?
No modifications needed, stock standard tyres and car is fine.
Do I need recovery equipment?
No LRE provide all equipment necessary for the day.
Do I need a CB radio?
No, LRE will provide each vehicle with a radio for communications.
Can I bring extra family & Friends?
Yes most welcome - numbers are limited by the number of seats/seat belts in your vehicle. Extra costs for catering for more than two people will apply.
Can I bring my dog?
No, as many of our tours traverse National Parks and pets not allowed.
What catering is provided?
Many tours are bushland based so it will be picnic lunches and cold drinks. Most dietary requirements are catered for with prior notice. Bring your own snacks.
Do I need off road experience?
No, LRE instructors will give you all the guidance you need to have a safe drive day.
What should I wear?
Comfortable clothes, closed in shoes. Bring hat, sunscreen, raincoat and warm jacket to be prepared for all weather types and changes.
Can I join half way through the day or leave early?
No, as we quite often head off the main roads and have no mobile phone coverage it would be very difficult to find us. If you left early we may not be near main road access and you would need guiding back to accessible roads.